thunderbolt85
Monday, March 16, 2020 2:12:51 PM
Wow, long time in the carnival business. Hoping and praying this clears up sooner.
Carnivalbuff
Monday, March 16, 2020 6:58:23 PM
Yes, it sure is. Here in Virginia, events are just starting to crank up. That timeline of 8 weeks will eliminate many of those early events. But, we all have to make some tough decisions sometimes.
IndianaTED
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:32:01 AM
So assuming for discussion sake, that after 8 weeks the green light is given to resume public gatherings...can Shows weather that amount of time? I know each Show is different, but in general, will the industry be OK?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
bigjlh
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:32:39 AM
Have seen shows,survive thru bad weather lasting longer then 8 weeks.the strong will survive at all costs,will it hurt surely but the people will be hungry for entertainment when this thing is gone.ok then thanks bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, March 18, 2020 8:35:48 AM
I would imagine or hope maybe have an emergency slush fund, may not be much, but something they can draw on to keep afloat.

If everyone stays put or goes back to WQ to ride this out, then at least save money on jump costs.